ONLINE REGISTRATION TIPS
1. If you registered online last season, your Hockey Canada account remains the same. Your login account is your email
address. Many parents have multiple email accounts. Please try all email addresses you may have had in the previous
year before setting up a new account. If your email address has changed, log in using last year’s email address. Once
you’ve logged in you can update your email address under “My Account”.
2. Forgot your password? Enter your login address and then click on “Forgot your password”. Your password will be
emailed to the email address that you used to login. If you have changed your email address and no longer have access to
the email you are using to login please contact the hockey office to reset your password.
3. If your child played registered ice hockey in any prior season, he/she is in the Hockey Canada system. To register
your child, you will be required to enter the child’s first name, last name, birth date and gender. If your child’s name is not
found, please try a number of variations, as your input must be an exact match to the Hockey Canada record. Common
types of errors:
a. Name variations:
i. Michael vs. Mike
ii. Middle Name used instead of legal first name (and vice versa)
iii. St. John vs. St John
iv. D’Agostino vs. Dagostino
v. McGregor vs. Mc Gregor
vi. A nickname has been included such as Andrew (AJ)
b. Birth Date errors:
i. Month and Day switched around
If your child’s birthday is in the first 12 days of the month, try switching the month and day.
(ie 03/08/1993 and 08/03/1993). We would not necessarily have detected this error at our end.
Please contact our hockey office to correct this error after you have completed your registration.
ii. Wrong birth year
If the birth year is incorrect, and you find it by trial and error, do not register your child. Doing so will
register them for the wrong division. Please contact our hockey office immediately to have it corrected
PRIOR TO REGISTERING. We will forward the change request to the OMHA for adjustment, and will
contact you, when the change has been made, in order for you to register your child online.
If after trying the above, you are still unsuccessful, please contact the hockey office and we will attempt to
determine the cause of the error.
4. You must fill in all fields marked with the asterisk (*) before you can proceed to the next step.
5. Some Hockey Canada Registration System users have experienced a lock out error during the online payment portion, if
a) the user takes too long entering their credit card information, or if
b) the user hits cancel instead of submit. In these cases, please wait one hour for the system to reset and try again.
If you have any further questions feel free to contact the office by email - [email protected]