Welcome to the Caledon Minor Hockey Trainers Corner
Thanks for volunteering for being a Trainer. All resources to help you with your important job should be found here.
Words to Remember
As a Hockey Trainer, your primary responsibility is to ensure that safety is the first priority at all times during all hockey-related activities, both on and of the ice. You must play a leadership role in enhancing the safety of players and all others involved with Caledon Minor Hockey.
Suggestions for your Trainer Kit include:
1. First Aid Kit (click here for min contents- source: Safety Requires Teamwork Manual)
2. Hard Copies of all players and Team Officials Medical Information Sheets
3. Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
4. Padlock for dressing rooms
5. Sharpening Stone
6. Small Repair Kit
8. Small clean towels
9. Ziploc bags (great of keeping ice, teeth, etc)- Note: small frozen towel in a ziploc works great for wrapping around an injury.
10. Hand sanitizer and extra gloves (non latex)
11. Extra mouth guard and neck guard
Common Trainer Forms
Hockey Canada Medical Info Sheet
Injury Log (day of) form
Injury Report Paper Form (detailed form)
EAP Arena Plan
Pocket Concussion Card
Return to Play Form
If you want to be a trainer, you must complete the online course. The same link is for refresher courses.
This link will take you to the main OMHA Trainers page.
This link will take you to the OMHA Trainer Resources page where you can download tons of stuff including your EAP sheets, concussion awareness information, warm up information, etc